cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 DLO issue

Kaz
Level 3

Hi

I have an issue for 2010 DLO backup as below.

DLO client cannot detect last failed one backup file in DLO folder when it's failed to back only last one file up to File Server because of reaching hard quota of WIndows OS function.
Then DLO client does not back it up to File Server when I re-run DLO backup next time.
However if failed backup files are more than 2 files, then DLO client can detect pending files in local DLO folder in HDD when I re-run DLO client.
This issue happens only using hard quota of WIndows Server OS. If I use hard quota of Backup Exec DLO, then this issue does not happen. Is this bug or SPEC of NTFS file system ?

I use WIndows Server 2008 R2 Std as File Server and Windows Vista SP2 Enterprise as client. Please let me know.

2 REPLIES 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Check for the follwoing setting it might help

Adjust the Profile Storage Limits for the Network User Data Folder (NUDF) or the Local User Data Folder (LUDF).
Storage limits are set in the profile and can be customized by the client.
Disable Customize local disk quotas in the profile in the DLo console
Adjust the Client disk space usage on the Dlo client

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Is is unlikely we test DLO for limiting the disk space using anything but the mechanism inside of DLO and you certainly should not use both DLO space limits and Operating System ones. As such with what you are doing I would expect unpredictable results - and vaguely remember someone limiting DLO with Storage Exec (another now end of life Symantec product) and seeing some odd results with Storage Exec quotas as well. In effect you are making the DLO client think that the server is out of space and the results are likely to be different depending on if the space limit is already reached when the DLO backup starts or if the DLO client exceeds the space in the middle of a backup.

As such recommedation is reconfigure the volume containing the DLO NUDF locations so they are not limited by the operating system (or any 3rd party applications) and limit them using the DLO inbuilt controls instead.

Obviously it is a good idea to make sure that DLO NUDF folders are not on the same volume as user home folders so that you can limit the user home folders if needed.