cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit remote agent for Backup 11d

Rick100
Level 3
I currently am using Backup 11d 32 bit for Windows Server 2003. We installed a 64 bit Windows 2003 server & I need the remote agent for 11d. Where can I download it from? I read that my 32 bit server will work with 64 bit remote agent, is that true. This server also is running SQL on it also. Will I need anything else for this 64 bit server?
Thanks for any help.
Rick
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
A 32-bit media server should be able to connect to 64-bit remote agent

See the Admin Guide page 97 for all the different ways to install the RAWS

(You should be on at least SP2, there were some major fixes to the RAWS in it)

Rick100
Level 3
I only downloaded the 32 bit version & I need the RAWS for the 64 bit version. I am up to date on all my updates. All my other servers are 32 bit, I only have 1 64 bit server. I need the to find out how to download the remote agent for my 64 bit server. I should have downloaded both when I had a chance but now that 12 is out the download page keeps taking me to 12. I know I have to manually install the agent as describe in the page you suggested I look at. But do you know of a link for the download?

Rick100
Level 3
I forgot to mention that this server also has SQL on it also so I need the 64 bit version for that option also. I am current with all my updates & licences for 11D. Just downloaded 12 but holding off on upgrading until everyone else works out the bugs. I have all the licences gor 12 also.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is from the readme for SP2 - Note bullet 2

32-Bit SP2 here  

Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS):
After installing this Service Pack to the Backup Exec 11d media server perform one of the following steps to update any machines with the Remote Agent:
1. Push install the Remote Agent from the Tools | Install Remote Agents menu option in Backup Exec
-or-
2. Copy the installation files to the remote machine from the path C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWS then from a command prompt on the remote machine change directories to the path the files were copied to and run setupaa.cmd
Please note: The Remote Agent on an IA64 Server can only be installed by performing the instructions listed in Step 2 above. Either Step 1 or 2 can be performed to install the Remote Agent on 32 Bit or x64 Bit Servers.
DLO Desktop Agents
After installing this service pack, the desktop agent must be upgraded to take advantage of the new features in this service pack (although it will continue to function if it is not upgraded).
To upgrade the desktop agent on the desktop computer:
1. Exit the desktop agent, if it is running
2. Browse to the network server where the installation files for the desktop agent are stored. The default location is \\<Media Server name>\DLOAgent.
3. Run Setup.exe