Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A network connection to the server could not be established : Backup Exec 2010

moses_hull
Level 2
The configuration:
The Backup/Media Server
Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter all patches applied
Symantec Backup Exec 2010 with license for SQL AND Exchange all updates applied and the server has been restarted

The target machine
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise runing Exchange 2003 Enterprise all patches ans service pack applied
The agent is installed and running.

When I tried to add the machine to a backup job with the agent running I get the error message:
An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contests of exch01.doman.local
A network connection to the server could nto be established.

If I stop the agent on the target server it show me shares on the exchange server, when I restart the agent I get the same error message.
I have edited the services file and added "ndmp   9000/tcp" to change the port of the backup exec agent.
I have uninstalled and resinstalled the agent restarted each time
I have change the log on account for the agent from system to domain\backup which is a domain admin account
I can access other servers on the network with the agent running on them to include SQL servers and plain data servers.
I have disable all firewalls and virus protection

It seems that the agent will not talk to the backup server when the agent is running.

4 REPLIES 4

rajbakshi
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Any specific reason to change the port on server in question. Is port 10000 already used by other application. If you change port on one you will have to change it on all.

moses_hull
Level 2
That was one of the suggestions for a fix for this problem. I put it back to default of 10000.
I posted everything I already tried so I wouldn't get the "have you done this reponses"

roy_keijsers
Level 2
same problem with me moses_hull , have you found a solution yet?

Kind Regards

Roy

moses1
Level 2
No, still looking