cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADIC FastStor 2 on BE 8.5

Level 2
Hello,
We have BackupExec vers. 8.5 installed running on Windows 2000 Server. I recently had to replace a backup device with a new one. The old one was an ASIC Faststor DLT 4000 with 1 drive and seven slots, showing up as a changer on the backup console. The new one we bought is an ADIC Faststor 2 Ultrium with 8 slots. I successfully installed the drives and the device shows up on the console. My problem is it shows up as a standalone device, not a changer. The SCSI assignment is 0 for the autoloader and 1 for the drive. Is there a way to make the new device show up as a changer on the backup exec console?
5 REPLIES 5

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

With regards to your query, it seems that you have Backup Exec 8.5.

With the availability of VERITAS Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers, VERITAS Software has discontinued support to versions prior to VERITAS Backup Exec 9.x for Windows NT and Windows 2000 in all language versions and platforms.

I will be moving this post to the Backup Exec 8.5 pool.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
On the DeviceManager, does NT see it as a changer?

Are you useing Veritas drivers or manufacturer drivers?
try switchingMessage was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Level 2
I've installed Veritas drivers for the device. Still no change.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Does Device Manger see the changer?
Can NTBackup See and access it?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists/device_ddProduct_BEWNT_media_loader_prod1_NT85.htm shows that library as tested and supported.

Have you removed the old library from the Devices tab? Without an LEO v8.5 only supports 1 library with one tape drive.