cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO - BackupExec v10 - QUESTION

Not applicable
Our scheduled backups using v.10 run nightly and backup about 200gb over 7 servers.
We only have a few files that get missed and highlighted in the log files as "exceptions" - these files are only a few hundred kb in size.
We are investigating the AOFO option to solve this, but it appears that using this feature means that the entire volume gets snapped, which seems overkill for a few files totalling a few hundred kb. Especially if one of the volumes in question is 90gb.
Is this correct - does the whole volume get snapped or am I reading the documentation incorrectly - surely it just takes a snapshot of the individual files that it can't open ?
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
The AOFO option snaps the entire volume at once during backup.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Guy_Jacobs
Level 3
Hi Renuka

Where does this snapshot reside? i.e. I'm trying to backup a 1TB SAN array which is at about 90% capacity. There is no available space for this. So what happens to the job? Does it fail or skip using AOFO? Is there any way to change the snapshot size? Thanks.

Guy

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the following technote.

(title) Basic Backup Exec Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) information

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275975

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.