cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO Initialization failure, Final error: 0xe000848c

James_Ingram
Level 4
Running BE10 5520 SP1 with CASO. CASO server is told to backup a remote MMS server. The job history (for the remote server) shows:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at 11:55:06 PM
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-0-57344-33932Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-0-57344-33932

Errors
Backup- CASOSERVER AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
Unable to attach to this resource. Make sure that this resource exists, and then try again

AOFO is off. Clicking on the links shows nothing on the Veritas web site.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
This error implies the client was not online during the time of the backup or the logon credentials used in the job where incorrect or the remote agent is not installed. It is not an AOFO error.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Have you tried the option suggested in the previous post? if so please update us on the outcome.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

James_Ingram_2
Level 3
- Servers are DEFINATELY up and running and accessible
- The service account is definately correct. I checked both the services and the credentials for the job by stopping/restarting services and hitting the "Test All" button in resource credentials for the job) Is this the only places to check the credentials or is there somewhere else?
- The remote agent is not installed but a full install of BE10 is installed on this MMS server. Do I need to put the remote agent on AS WELL as the full BE10 version or in replacement of it?

I think the problem is this: When I go to the properties of the "MMS server job" FROM the CASO server, it shows the selections as being FROM the CASO server rather than the MMS Server??? It is the exact same job I copied from the MMS server to CASO but shows CASO drives as selections if viewed from the CASO server?! Is this normal? Also when I look at the job history details of the failed job, it says, for example, that it is trying to connect to the Utility Partition of the CASO server rather than the remote MMS Server. Help?

James_Ingram
Level 4
i am still stuck on why CASO cannot remotely delegate backup jobs to various MMS servers. same errors...

Check status : Error: e000848c, The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

I have some questions about CASO on this, perhaps its the way I'm setting this up. The admin guide is very vague on this. Starting a new thread for this here...

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=54135

James_Ingram
Level 4
i found i could not create the selections on the MMS servers then copy them to the CASO server. The copy worked ok, but then when viewing the copied selections on the CASO, all the selections changed to be the CASO server rather than the MMS server. So, I made selections via the network (as opposed to local disk) manually from the CASO server and all works ok.