cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:"

Philip_Hannent
Level 2
I have recently upgraded a backupexec 8.6 install to version 10. I have installed the Advanced Open File Option and have run the wizard. However I am now getting the following error:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\MYSERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Looking on the internet the error code points to the following:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275234.htm

Which only talks about Windows 2003 not windows 2000 (which I am running). Does anyone have any pointers?

Regards
Phil Hannent
6 REPLIES 6

Darpan_Thaker
Level 5
Hello,

To resolve the issue, split the backup in two jobs

1. Create a new backup job for drives of Exchange server using advanced open file option

2. Create another backup job for Exchange databases and mailboxes without using advanced open file option. Run this backup job and verify the result.

Thanks,

Arjan_van_Doorn
Level 4
Sorry for intruding.
This is not an answer it is a work around.
I got the same problem.
Using policy's and selection lists, and now we are adviced to make a seperate policy for the Exchange server. this is not how BE10 intends it to be (IMO)
Is there a HF coming?

Level 2
I am currently having the same problem. After spliting the job I still get the same error on exchange information store.

Philip_Hannent
Level 2
Hello,

I didn't get the chance to try out the splitting of the jobs, also it didn't seem the right solution. However after talking things over with a colleague we tried not backing up the information store.

We have the Backup exec exchange agent with the mailboxes and public folders selected. We wondered if selecting the Exchange Information Store was the same as selecting M: drive in version 8 (i.e. not required because of the agent)

We unticked it and ran a backup and the job no longer throws up an error. I will be testing the restore of that backup, hopefully next week to prove the whole thing.

(It would have been today but erasing a tape yesterday made it write protected for 24hrs so the test job failed last night)

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please keep us updating on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Philip_Hannent
Level 2
While the failure went away I was not able to test the restore of the tape. The tape drive on an alternate server would reboot during the IDR restore!

The outcome of all this was that a new system was required instead. We moved from DDS4 to DTL and are now using a different server.

All in all the errors and there problems are very hard to figure out. The user interface is poorly thought out. The designers could give the support guys a lot more help if diagnostic, debug or crash report information was available.