cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO erros BE9.1 SP1

Sys_Admin_4
Level 2
I have a server running windows NT4 that's being backed up by a server running w2k server SP4 with BE 9.1 SP1. I've run the AOFO wizard and changed the static volume and quite time according to veritas articles. I still get "Advanced Open File Option snapshot failed" and "OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume."
on the job log for this server.

What else can be done?
Also, how I can removed only the AOFO on this server without removing the remote agent. I'm willing to do this and exclude the files that will get skipped.
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To resolve this issue, run a disk defragmentation on the hard disks when the backup is not running, disable virus scans, and stop any third party applications that cause excessive disk writes during the backup. If all third-party applications have been stopped, and the error still occurs, the Minimum Quiet Time for AOFO can be lowered on the problem machine.

Also follow the steps in this technote for snapping one volume at a time.

How to get Advanced Open File Option to snap one volume at a time during multi-volume backups
http://support.veritas.com/docs/264464

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sys_Admin_4
Level 2
Thank you.
What impact will snapping one volume at a time have on all other servers on this backup job? We are backing up around 10 servers with this media server on a single job. Thanks.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
If you snap multiple volumes at once, you are awaiting for quiet time on all of them.
So a single snap means you have better chances of acheiving quiet time.

Once you have reduced the minimum quiet time to two seconds and still cannot achieve this, even after the single volume snap is setup, I suggest looking at the load on your servers and determining whether there is potentially a service you can down during backups to assist.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Has the problem regarding the error 'Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume" been resolved? Have you enabled Advanced Open File Option to snap one volume at a a time? In case the problem persists,do write back with details on the configuration settings of AOFO along with the exact error message. You can additionally refer to the following technote:

Title:How "quiet time" is defined in relation to its usage with Advanced Open File Option or Open File Option
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263602

Hope this helps. In case we do not receive any updates from you within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool