cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOFO ?

Billy_2
Level 2
I keep getting these exceptions in the job logs. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have searched all over the Veritas sight. Thanks in advance :)

Windows Server2003
Veritas 9.1
license for AOFO
updated to SP2

OFO: Initialization failure on: "D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Not authorized to run Advance Open File Operations on target system.
Note: The Advanced Open File Option did not perform a snapshot of all volumes simultaneously.
5 REPLIES 5

Robbie
Level 3
It sounds like you have the selected the files shares for backup with the OFO enabled. This causes problems for Backup Exec and its interaction with the operating system.

The answer is to uncheck the file shares of the target server and instead select the folders under the physical drives/partitions (see this tech note: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/256917.htm)

The other option is to turn off the OFO of course, but I wouldn't recommend that!

Rob

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Hi,

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mentioned earlier and whether it has resolved your issue.

If the issue still persists, please let us know the latest updates.

Thanks.

Billy_2
Level 2
Thanks everyone, but the problem is still there. I followed the steps mentioned by Robbie, I have also performed the registry fix. Below is the exceptions in the job log.

Billy

Backup - \\FRANTNSHOPFLOOR

OFO: Initialization failure on: "D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).

OFO: Not authorized to run Advance Open File Operations on target system.

Backup - D: SF
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\Oi16\REVLOCKS - skipped.
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\OInsight\REVLOCKS - skipped.
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\OInsight\EssexData\REVLOCKS - skipped.
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\WMAPCON\REVLOCKS - skipped.
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\WMAPCON\MAPCON\REVLOCKS - skipped.
Unable to open the item D:\revsoft\WMAPCON\TOOLBOX\REVLOCKS - skipped.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following suggestiosn to further troubleshoot this issue.
1. Please make the changes suggested in the following technote.
Title:
Jobs that are not set to use Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) fail with : OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVER\C:", OFO: Not authorized to run Advance Open File Operations
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255074

2. Ensure that Backup exec Service Account has domain admin rights as well as local admin rights on remote servers that you are trying to backup.

3. If the above does not help, try uninstalling and reinstalling AOFO. Please reboot the server after both installation and uninstallation.
Title:
How to install and uninstall the Advanced Open File Option to remote Windows servers from the command prompt
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253620

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.