cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox backup Access denied error

benzod
Level 3
Hi

I am running windows 2003 with backup exec 9.1. Exchange hotiix and SP1 for veritas is installed.

I am having issues making mailbox backups. Info store backups works fine... Mailbox backups complete but I get a failed message for the job saying access denied.

Database or database element is corrupt
Warning: Unable to backup the attachment data associated with one or more messages. Some messages and their attachments may have been deleted while the backup was already in progress.

I used the enable single instance backup option...

I tried backing up not using the single instance backup option but I get a failed error plus the backup stops in the middle.

Any idea of what I can look for

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
A few items to troubleshoot:

1) Is Anti-Virus running in realtime protection mode? While not a great option, you might want to try disabling it and run a mailbox backup to see if it goes through fine. Sometimes AV interferes.

2) Any mailboxes recently set to Hidden or Deleted? These can cause backups to fail, usually with a "Directory is invalid" error however.

3) Turn your job logging to higher detail so you can see which mailbox is failing. (Tools\Options\Job Log) Is it consistently the same mailbox?

benzod
Level 3
It is actually one mailbox which causes this... It is active.
Let me turn up the job logging and see what comes up... thanks I will get back to you on this next week

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.