cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied, backing up WSS 3.0 Content Database

chkidd
Level 2

I have moved the Sharepoint Content Database to a SQL Server physically seperate from the SharePoint Server, since doing so I get an error in Backup Exec saying - Backup- Sharepoint - 80\Content-DB 1(Server\WSS_Content_name) V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot Backup directory and its subdirectories.
All the other databases that are associated with WSS can backup successfully but not the content db.

Systems are as follows - 3 seperate physical servers:
Sharepoint Server - Windows 2003 R2, Current patches updates, SharePoint 3.0 SP2
SQL Server - Windows 2003 R2, Current Patches Updates, SQL 2005
Backup - Windows 2003 R2, Current Patches Updates, Backup Exec 12.5 Build 2213

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
4 REPLIES 4

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
please make sure the backup exec client service is started with sharepoint admin right

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Add the SA account in the Backup Exec account list. Open the selection list, go to resource credentials and change the resource credentials to the SA account and test the credentials.

hope this helps...

chkidd
Level 2
Would I need to redo the backup job seeing as how the agent initially was setup to backup the content database on the Sharepoint server before I moved it to SQL?
In looking at the SharePoint Server Farms, in BE, I see the Content Database in there as a backup option from the Sharepoint Server, not the SQL Server.

MarkusK
Level 4

It´s not necessary to backup the SQL Databases seperatly.
Ensure that during the selection of your Backup Lists - only the Sharepoint Farm is selected.
This will ensure proper selection of all Sharepoint Ressources, including SQL DB.s