cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to Utility Partition

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
A server which has the utility partition selected to backup, keeps reporting in the backup job log the following error message:

Access denied to directory Utility Partition On Disk 0

We are using the correct domain account and remote agent version to backup this resource, any ideas? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To backup the Utility Partition, make sure that your Backup Exec account has Full administrator rights. Administrator rights are required to browse and back up utility partitions.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
I previously mentioned that we are using the correct domain administrator account to backup this resource. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer link :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/255555

Create a new domain admin account and try the same !

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Anna_Maria_LoPi
Level 4
The error is still occuring even with a different domain admin account.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please verify that remote agent service runs with local system account.

Ensure that Backup Exec account is member of local administrator group on remote server.

Also note that only a full backup of utility partitions can be performed.

Brett_Emery
Level 3
I have a daily incremental backup job that just started reporting this error. For years it backed up the utility partition just fine on the remote HP servers, but now occasionlly it reports this error. However most of the time it still backs up the utility partition successfully, so I know for a fact this is not an account permissions issue, such as Monday it backed up:

Start time : Monday, January 08, 2007 11:03:46 PM
End time : Monday, January 08, 2007 11:04:04 PM
Files : 0
Directories : 0
Skipped files : 0
Corrupt files : 0
Files in use : 0
Byte count : 37,594,074 bytes
Rate : 126.00 MB/Min

But Tuesday (yesterdays) backup failed with:

Access denied to directory Utility Partition On Disk 0\.
Directory \\\\Utility Partition On Disk 0\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

(I replaced the server name with )