cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access file was skipped by the user during a restore

Brian_Sawyer
Level 4
Hello,

I tried to restore an Access file, named "questionaire.mdb" for example. When I look at the restore job completion status, it states the restore was successful, but it also says there was an "exception". The exception was the "questionaire.mdb", the only file I needed to restore! Besides the possiblity of that file being open during the restore, what could be causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Brian
6 REPLIES 6

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Is the anti virus service running on the machine. In that case stop the service and then try a restore job.

Thanks

Brian_Sawyer
Level 4
Hello Tejashree,

I temporarily disabled the antivirus on the server that had has Backup exec on it. It still gave me the same error, that the mdb file was skipped by the user. I tried it several times to make sure, but no success.

Thanks,
Brian

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
It's quite likely you have a user who has that file open.
Double check by right clicking "My Computer" and going to "Manage" then "Open Files".

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

Regards,

Brian_Sawyer
Level 4
Hello Joshua,

I checked that from the file server wher the Access file resides and made sure that no one had that file open, then tired the resotre again. I still get the same errror.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Brian

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

What option have you selected under the "General" Option in the restore job properties?

Overwrite existing files,Skip if the existing file is present,Skip if the existing file is more recent.

Regards
Padmaja