cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is Denied - Final error: 0xe0008488

majorca
Level 3
Hello,
  I hope you can help me with this situation. I have recently started getting this error. I have checked all permissions issues and disabled accountsand have found none. I have found that if I turn off 'Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backups' it works but if GRT is turned on it fails with the above error code. I did a complete Live Update and am fully updated and no change. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been dealing with this for a week now. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Patty
Level 3
First, if you enable the legacy backup method can you backup all mailboxes?

If not then you have an issue with security on the account you are using.  There are certain rights that are needed to backup the IS.

The following technote explains what rights are needed:

The one thing most people overlook is the account being used to back up the IS needs to have a mailbox and can not be hidden from the address book.

If you can backup the mailboxes with out a problem then the issue will lie with MAPI.  Depending on if you are backing up to tape or to disk will tell you what server has the MAPI issue. 

Have you tried backing it up to disk?  Does it work?  How about to tape?

majorca
Level 3
Patty,
   Thanks for your response. I am able to back up the  information store if i do not check the option to restore the individual mailboxes for IS backup. I do not have the capacity to back up to disk so all backups are to tape. I assume that I ned to go into Tools>Options and uncheck the 'enable the restore of individual mailboxes from.....' and check off 'Enable legacy backup...' and create a  new job. My question is on the new job what do I check off for the exchange backup?Thanks.

majorca
Level 3
Patty,
   I have figured it out. I had the BE service account hidden in Exchange. All seems to be working now.Thanks so much!!!!

Patty
Level 3
Glad to help.  That always seems to be the thing.  We all want to hide that account!

Have a nice day.