Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access is denied to Remote Agent

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a server that I want to backup through BE 2012.  I did not install a remote agent on that server.  The selection for backup is just a regular share.  The system logon account is administrator of that server to backup and has the necessary rights on the share.  However, every backup of that server fails within a minute with the following error:

"Remote agent not detected on xxx.xxx.xxx"

"Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device."

"The backup Exec server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine xxx.xxx.xxx.  The Backup Exec server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation."

Remember: I did not push a remote agent to that server, just selected a share to backup.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 could earlier backup this server without any issue, now with BE 2012 this problem arises.

Can anyone help pls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I actually managed to solve this.  We work in an CASO-Managed Backup Exec server configuration.

Apparently the System Logon Account was not created on the Managed Backup Exec server.  I created the user on that server and now backups run fine.

Regards,

Wouter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check below & see if it helps you at all (it does say BE 2010, but might still be relevant)...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48893

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Check this technote about BE 2012 which mentions the issue that you are facing

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189560 : Configuring share level backup jobs in Backup Exec 2012

Thanks,

-Sush...

WoCom
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I actually managed to solve this.  We work in an CASO-Managed Backup Exec server configuration.

Apparently the System Logon Account was not created on the Managed Backup Exec server.  I created the user on that server and now backups run fine.

Regards,

Wouter