cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory

Stephen_Drysdal
Level 3
Was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, basically I have 11d installed on both Domain Controllers, however when I am checking if the backup is successful everything appears to have backed up within system state except for Active Directory whereby there is nothing listed under it.

Do I need a separate agent to back up and restore active directory or is there something I am missing?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

susanthas-123
Level 3
Hi Stephen,

you'll need to purchase addtional agent if you want to backup active directory component as well. If I'm corret the name goes as Active directory backup Agent. Same goes if you want to backup SQL database, Exchange e-mail. HTH.

Susantha

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The Active Directory Agent is used to perform granular backup and restore of Active Directory data, and to do restores without having to perform an authoritative restore.
Without the agent, Active Directory will still be backed up as part of system state.
I think it's normal for nothing to show up in your restore selection as a subcomponent of Active Directory (without using the agent and GRT). As long as the Active Directory itself shows, it should be OK.
Of course, the best way to find out is to do a DR test.