cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adamm Mover Error: Unload Status Failure!

Sriram_Sistla
Level 2
Hi,
When we try to run a back up job, we get the error as below

Adamm Mover Error: Unload Status Failure!
Error = ERROR_IO_DEVICE
Drive = "PV-110T VS80"
{EB0B25BE-5234-4330-A7D5-B617BD3FA3D2}
Media = ""
{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

and also we get this error

PERC 4/DI Controller 0, Array Disk 1:6 Sense Key = 3, Sense Code = 15, Sense Qualifier = 2. If this disk is part of a redundant virtual disk, select the 'Offline' option and then replace the disk. Then configure a hot spare and it will start the rebuild automatically. If this disk is a hot spare, select the 'Prepare to Remove' option and then replace the disk. If this disk is part of a non-redundant disk, you should back-up your data immediately. If the disk fails, you will not be able to recover the data

after this error the server gets a Blue Screen and reboots

We are running "Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers version 9.1 Rev 4691" on Windows 2000 Terminal Server on a dell poweredge server and the Backup drive is Dell PV-110T VS80. This has been working fine since last one year

Any help will be appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

Christer_Carlss
Level 2
Hello

I do not know if this helps but it seems like you have 2 issues here.

First it seems to complain about library functionality and 2nd part about disk.

Have you perhaps added disk to this server? Check in that case that the disk has not been given the same ID as the tapedrive.

Christer

Sriram_Sistla
Level 2
Hi Christer,

Thanks for the reply.
After replacing the unit Daily backup jobs (Mon to Fri) are going on smoothly without any errors.
But we are facing problem when we run our Cleaning Job on the 28th of every month. This cleaning tape is a new one (Dell make). The job completes successful but after the job is completed we get a error in windows event viewer as given above.
We dont remove the tapes from the drive since its a auto loader which can take 8 tapes and the 6th slot is the cleaning drive slot.

We are using Veritas Backup exec version 9.1 Rev. 4691

cheers
sriram

Christer_Carlss
Level 2
I'm not sure I understand correctly this problem.

I assume both messages are from event viewer and that makes it confusing.

The first message says that the tapedrive have problem with unloading the tape of some reason. You do not mention if that is successfull or not. Could the cleaning tape mechanism be damaged somehow?

The second message, if related and I think it is, complains about disk in an array. I know there is recommendation about partitioning libraries although I never done that. If the cleaning tape happens to reside in a partition this may cause this type of message although it seems strange.

You say that you never remove the tapes from the library (or did I get this wrong). How do you then protect the backup set from being destroyed in case of fire?

Just curious about the last part :)

Christer

Sriram_Sistla
Level 2
Hi,
Sorry for the confusion. The PERC error has stopped popping up now, after we did the scsi driver update. The error message we are getting is in the event viewer. In veritas we get the message that the job has been completed sucessfully.
The Tape drive unit was replaced by dell and we are still getting the error (this error used to come even in the older drive)
Regarding your last part we have a DFS with a remote server so in case of fire data is available on the remote server.
Hope this helps

bye
sriram