cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Prep Wizard error

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
Attempting IDR Preparation Wizard. At the screen Creating Disaster Recovery Image, Building media and change type tables. Staging Operating System Files... Then I get a pop-up "Cannot find CD tag files. CDROM* OR WIN*". If I click ok, I can cancel or go back to the cd source location. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Kashif_Qureshi
Level 2
you can check that the CD burning software is NERO or ROXIO...basically these can help to copy ISO files while making the IDR CD.

Eric_Lanyon
Level 4
Partner
In a test environment running 11d, I was able to create the ISO from the media server without problems. Neither the test or production media server has a burner installed. Shouldn't 11d be able to create the ISO regardless?

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee
The IDR boot media preparation wizard is trying to copy the tag files from the given OS installation CD media (or) given path to the IDR bootable CD image that it creates. Tag files are files such as "WIN51", "WIN51IA", "win51ia.SP1" etc that will be present at the root of the OS installation CD. If you are creating the IDR boot image from a path ( as opposed to a OS installation CD ), make sure that these files are present under the root of the path provided.

Joshua Kane
Symantec