cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a second autoloader - licensing question

Scott_Straub
Level 4
We currently have one BE 11d media server with a Tandberg Data (exabyte) 10 slot autoloader that contains a single tape drive that is responsible for all backup operations on the local machine and 4 other servers using the remote agent.

2 of those servers are at another location across a WAN which has recently had it's bandwidth reduced to the point that we can no longer run full or even incremental nightly backups of those 2 servers across it. 

I would like to add a duplicate 10 slot autoloader at the second site, but money is an issue.  Am I going to have to buy a second FULL backup exec license to run at that site and have to manage two backup exec installs separately?  It seems to me that the Library Expansion Option is meant for high performance libraries with multiple drives in the same library.

Thanks,
Scott
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Your are corrent on both counts

BackupExec will only write to a tape drive that is locally connected or that is on a SAN (via the SSO)

LEO is for more than one drive in the first library or for additional libraries (see above)