cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a tape library and Backup Exec Server

bsnbackup
Level 3

I have an existing Backup Exec server and tape library. I am adding a new Backup Exec server and additional tape library. I have a license for 2 servers, do I also need an additional Library Expansion Option license? Also, I want to move my Mac backups to the new server. How can I move the Mac license to that server?

Thanks.

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If your new library have more than one tape drive, then you do need seperate LEO licenses. Coming to MAC licenses, i hope you have related slf files with you. If so, you can just remove the licneses from existing server as you don't need them anymore, and add them in new server using .slf files.

Regards...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If your new library have more than one tape drive, then you do need seperate LEO licenses. Coming to MAC licenses, i hope you have related slf files with you. If so, you can just remove the licneses from existing server as you don't need them anymore, and add them in new server using .slf files.

Regards...

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Regarging LEO -

When you install Backup Exec, support for the first drive in every robotic library is included. The Library Expansion Option enables support for each additional drive in a robotic library.

Regarding the MAC License - you can remove the license from earlier server and add that in the new one as Kiran pointed out.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you rrepeating what has been said earlier??