cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance open file option

Josh_Barth
Level 3
I am unable to install AOF. It prompts me during the installation to point it to the Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers. msi file. I do that and it won't take it. I end up with a Error 1706 No valid source could be found... I'm using version 9.1.
6 REPLIES 6

Kishore_Natvarl
Level 4
Hi

Please refer to the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262157.htm

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can install the AOFO in silent mode.

Perfrom the following stpes:

1. Locate all of the install files for the AOFO which are in the RANT32 folder. This folder can be found in two locations:

a. On the install media:
X:\WINNT\INSTALL\ (where X is the drive letter of the CD-ROM drive)

b. In the install folder of the full version of Backup Exec 9.x:
\PROGRAM FILES\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents

2. Copy the RANT32 folder from one of the locations listed above to the remote server that needs the AOFO installed

3. Open the RANT32 folder while logged into the machine needing the AOFO installed

4. Double-click the setupaofo.cmd file that resides within the RANT32 folder

5. A command prompt will appear between a few seconds and a couple minutes

6.Once the command prompt disappears check the AOFO driver VSP.SYS in the system32/drivers folder or in the system information as shown in figure

A reboot of the system is recommended as soon as possible after the install.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Josh_Barth
Level 3
This did not work.

Josh_Barth
Level 3
I'm trying to install the serial number and I'm getting the error.

Josh_Barth
Level 3
I removed and reinstalled backup exec.

Thanks for your help

Mike_May
Not applicable
This may be of use to someone, but I believe there's a deficiency somewhere in MSI that doesn't like drives with too high a drive letter. On one of my servers, it's drive J:, and I can only get BEX patches to install if I copy the BE folder to a local drive.