cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Open File option

Shaun_Owens
Level 3

Is there a way to tell if the advanced open file option is installed on a remote server?

Shaun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, Search the system for VSP.sys

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, Search the system for VSP.sys

Peter_Macewen
Level 3
Partner
That's strange I have a system with 12d installed with AOFO and there is no VSP.sys file installed.

NicholasC
Level 4
I am not familiar with the vsp.sys file, but AOFO was integrated into the Core Server license starting with Backup Exec 12, so there is no longer any separate install or activation key for AOFO

Shaun_Owens
Level 3
I am using BE 12 and the remote install still gives you the option to install the AOFO, are you sure that the AOFO doesn't need to be installed seperatly?

Peter_Macewen
Level 3
Partner

The difference between 12 and earlier versions is that you had to buy a seperate license. It still gives you the option of installing or not installing the AOFO just like it gives you the option for robotic library support

troypawleska
Not applicable
What if I don't want the AOFO option installed?  I recently upgraded from 11d to 12d and was not aware that I would have to buy the AOFO in order to get my servers to backup now I am getting failed jobs everywhere.  Is there something that can be done without purchasing more software?

Shaun_Owens
Level 3
AOFO is an additional install, you don't have to install AOFO if you don't want to, if you choose to install AOFO it will require a restart.  Also 12D comes with AOFO as a feature if you want to install it, so you can no longer purchase AOFO so there is no extra costs.

CHONG_WU
Level 5
For remote agent for Linux/UNIX, has this AOFO function?

pfx82
Level 4

As far as I am aware, there is no snapshot technology to be used with Linux.