cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Picking up on possibly corrupt Exchange Uninstall

DavidAH
Level 2

Afternoon All,

I have a server that used to be our mail server, running windows server 2000. I noticed that althought it was being backed up correctly the agent wasn't installed and my backup logs were flooded with error messages mentioning it was unable to connect to the remote agent. I proceeded to install the bog standard Symantec remote agent on the machine,All fine and dandy.

Now, however, it's attempting to back up some exchange folders that shouldn't really be there anymore, IE:

Backup- \\OLPServer2\F: New Volume

Unable to attach to \\OLPServer2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Unable to attach to \\OLPServer2\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Unable to attach to \\OLPServer2\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.

With my proper mail server I have several checkboxes for my Exchange folders and mailboxes etc in the backup config. For this server however, there aren't any. Therefore I'm a bit sumpted why this is attempting to backup the above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

1 REPLY 1

DavidAH
Level 2

Update:

If I change the view from graphical to text, i can see that its got the exchange folders in the list.