cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Linux - Job finished with exceptions

_Bugs_
Level 5

Hello,

i had recently installed the Agent for Linux for the first time and the backup job seems to work but i get some exceptions every time:

V-79-57344-34128 - Linux Snapshot-Technology: An error occured while creating a snapshot for one or more Volumes.

ADBO: The backup on another host has failed. An attempt is made to ensure the disk directly from the remote computer.

V-79-57344-34108 - When cleaning up snapshot volumes, an unexpected error has occurred. Verify that all snapshot volumes were properly resynchronized with the original volumes.

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

On your linux server are there any Samba Processes running if so please stop the Samba processes while taking the backup with AOFO- L, and see if that works

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...turn off AOFO and see if you get the error again.

Thanks!

_Bugs_
Level 5

Hello and thanks for the input,

unfortunately it is not possible to stop the samba processes because there is a photo developing machine relying on that server that works 24/7.

_Bugs_
Level 5

Hi,

will try that tonight, thank you!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Thanks for the response , because I have seen issue on one of my client were he had 2 machines one with samba process on during the backup and one with no samba process ,were on one machine it was giving exception as you are getting & on one it was working fine

Thanks

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Following technote lists different possible causes, check to see if any of that applies to your situation:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH181019 - Volume snapshot initialization failures occur when the Linux Agent performs an Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) snapshot of a Linux volume.

jayaramk19831
Level 4
Employee

R3Van,

To turn off AOFO from the Linux machine specifically you need to do the following steps.

1) Stop the running beremote process (/opt/VRTSralus/bin/VRTSralus.init stop)

2) Edit /etc/VRTSralus/ralus.cfg

3) Change the key

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\DisableOFO=0

to

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\DisableOFO=1

4) Restart beremote service (/opt/VRTSralus/bin/VRTSralus.init start)

5) Now take a backup and check if the backups are running successfully.

I guess you must be knowing the way to turn of AOFO from the Backup Exec UI too by selecting option "Advance Open File" and turning off "Use Snapshot Technology" in Backup Dialog Options. Both these methods would work while turning off AOFO while doing backups.