cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Microsoft DPM

DBB
Level 2
I have installed Backup Exec 11d Media Server on a Windows 2003 Server. I then installed RAWS onto a Windows 2003 server which has Microsoft DPM 2007 installed. When I open the remote agent in the Backup Exec Management Console and expand the DPM agent, I get the following:

- If I click on DPM Databases, it displays the DPM database correctly
- If I click on Protected Servers, it shows 'none'. If I click first on the check box next to Protected Servers, it says 'Query Failed'
- Shadow Copies check box is greyed out and if I select it shows 'none'

Everything else in Backup Exec is working correctly. I installed the software on the Windows Servers which only had SP2 at the time and have since upgraded with all the latest patches/hotfixes.

I have run Symantec Live Update and the software is fully up to date. I have also checked the Symantec Knowledge Base and the software compatibility list (which has no reference to DPM 2007).

Does this agent work with Microsoft DPM 2007? Has anyone else had this problem? One thing I did note, in the Installation Guide, it says you need to install RAWS and the DPM agent on the DPM 2007 server. As far as I can tell, there is no way to install the DPM agent on the DPM server... or is there?

Any help would be much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

pizzi
Level 2
I've got exactly the same problem. It looks like the DPM Agent doesn't support DPM version 2007 but nobody at Symantec can tell when a new agent for DPM 2007 will be available.

pizzi

DBB
Level 2
Yeah, tech support wouldn't help me cause I refused to pay $89 for support while evaluating their product in order to purchase $20k worth of licensing. Also tried the sales team, they didn't know what DPM was...

My guess is it just doesn't work with DPM 2007. I'm sure it will some day...

Simon_Geary
Level 2
My Symantec sales rep has told me they are dropping support for DPM due to it being a competetive product, so there will be no Backup Exec support for DPM 2007.

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

DBB wrote:
Does this agent work with Microsoft DPM 2007?
No, it's DPM 2006, with or without SP1.