cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent repeatedly crashes - out of ideas!

Tom_Nattl
Level 3
Several of our remote agents constantly crash while doing a backup on both W2K and W2K3 servers. BE Version is 10d, agents were freshly installed from the RANT32 directory of BE Server.

Server and agents communicate through LAN without any firewall in between. The only thing all of the "problem" servers have in common is that they are not members of the Windows domain where BE server is placed but belong to a different workgroup.

Remote agent (BERemote.exe 10.1.5629.0):
Event log, ID 4097 Dr Watson: Exception c0000005 at address 00D2EBE6.
--> BERemote service crashes and stops

Backup log contains:
Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65072

Error description:
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\SERVERNAME\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: No.
The network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.
V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

This happens on three of our servers repeatedly. Sometimes right at the beginning of the backup, sometimes somewhere in the middle, so it's not possible to reliably reproduce the exact position in backup where this occurs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tom
8 REPLIES 8

Simon_Zang_2
Level 3
I am so sorry to hear that,I have no idea about your issue,I searched in the BE support site,no service pack and hotfix are available so far,so the only advice I can give you now was try to reinstall the remote agent.

Tom_Nattl
Level 3
Been there, done that. I repeatedly uninstalled and re-installed the agents - to no avail.

Tom_Nattl
Level 3
Anyone?

Guy_Jacobs
Level 3
Hi Tom

I have the exact same problem! The only difference being I have a firewall between the client servers and the BE Media server. That said 4 out of 5 servers on the DMZ work without errors but 1 has the exact problem you describe. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the agent several times, rebooted etc. Hopefully this bug can be resolved soon.

Guy

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
You need to debug the remote agent service and check the reason why it crashes.
Does this happen for a particular server or all of the servers in the network.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Guy_Jacobs
Level 3
Hi Renuka

How can I debug the remote agent service? Thanks

Guy

Russ_Fagan
Level 3
Stop the agent, then start it after adding -debug on the startup parameters.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Tom,

Does the issue with the agent crashing still persist? Since when does the problem occur? Does it occur since the installation of the agents? Try out the following steps:

- Try to ping the remote servers from the backup exec server and vice versa.
- refer to the following technote to create a debug of the remote agent service. Send us the debug log that indicates any errors.
- Ensure that the version of the remote agent is the same as the version of Backup exec.

Revert with details to the above if the problem persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.