cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpduplicate to standalone tapedrive

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

Hello, 

I need to duplicate some backup images to a standalone tapedrive. I found posts how to add the tape and to label the tape with vmadd and bplabel. 
Also I found how to start duplicate the data to the tape in the stand alone tapedrive. I added two tapes with vmadd and bplabel to the tapedrive. 

But my tapedrive is an LTO2, which is native 200Gb and 400Gb compressed. The images I need to write to tape is about 460Gb. When the bpduplicate job is at about 370Gb the job just crashes and it doesn't let me add a new empty tape. 

Any ideas? 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I've not tried to duplicat to standalone. Is there maybe a pending request for next media popping up in device monitor?

Otherwise, duplicate the images in batches that won't exceed the tape capacity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst

I've not tried to duplicat to standalone. Is there maybe a pending request for next media popping up in device monitor?

Otherwise, duplicate the images in batches that won't exceed the tape capacity.

sumankj
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you enabled media sharing? Media sharing and max number of partially full media go hand-in-hand.

Rob_Dullaart
Level 5

It is solved, first I had the job running and I didn't pay attention. When I looked at the job again it was failed, probably because of a timeout. This happened several times. 

Then I tried again and when I guessed the tape was almost full I looked at it until the messages came there was no space left also there was a mount request. Then I went to the server and the tape-drive. The tape was already ejected. When I put an empty tape in, which was already labelled, the job continued and finished successful.

RiaanBadenhorst

Great, that is the pending request I was referring to. NetBackup asks you to assist when there is no robot involved to switch tapes.