cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent won't start

SockMonster
Level 3

Hi,

We are currently running BE11d and we have just purchased RALUS 12. Our reseller told me to contact Symantec and this would be downgraded (as we couldn't now buy RALUS 11). I spoke to Symantec tech support who told me that the licence would work and the products were compatible. Just thought I would clear that bit up about what I had been told about compatibility before I start.

Anyway, everything seemed to install fine on the server (RHEL5 x64) and no errors were shown. I was surprised to find in the installation guide on the Symantec website the instruction to "Reboot the server" after installation, but I tried it anyway.

When the server came back up the agent was not running, and if I try to start it using the init script it just says "Failed." Now it might be something fundamental that I am doing wrong, but there seems to be very little in the way of documentation anywhere regarding this, and nothing relating to troubleshooting.

The logfile in /opt/VRTS/messages has many errors in it - too many to be able to sensibly post the contents of the file here - but if there is something specific I need to look for, or I do need to post the whole contents then let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Si

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What version of RHEL5 are you Running.  Backup Exec 11d only supports RHEL5 Advanced.  I have provided a link to the SCL below. 

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286600

SockMonster
Level 3

Hi,

Yes it is RHEL5 Advanced.

And still no luck with getting it to start.

Thanks

Si