cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents

Thomas_Armbrust
Level 3
I have a software program that runs on a MS access database (*.mdb file). This program requres unblocked access to this database on our server. When the vertias backup starts to backupit prevents acces to the file from the program on the users workstation. I was told I need to define an agent for a MS access database. How can obtain this or do I need to do something else. The Vertas version is Backup Exec 9.1 on a Windows 2003 small business server. The users workstations are all windows Xp pro. The software application used to run the database is Deltk advantage software.
5 REPLIES 5

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
back it up with out a lock. then you may not get the file backed up cause in reality they shouldn't be in it if it is getting backed up. that causes data corruption.

Thomas_Armbrust
Level 3
I am new to this, How do I do that

Brian_Blackwell
Level 5
it is in the job propertis under advanced. you want "never" in the last part there.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please do the foll steps:
when you go under backup job properties-under advanced option-under open file backup when AOFO is not used select never

Please note that with these seeting the files which are open during the backup will not be backed up.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply