cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All selections under Device and Media operations grayed out.

Howard_Harris
Level 2
I am unable to use the Quick Erase, Retension etc. under the Tools--Device and Media Operations-. It is grayed out.
4 REPLIES 4

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Would like to ask a basic question are you clicking on the device tab-selecting the particular device under stand alone or robotic library-then clicking on the device eg: Dell1 and then can you see the option to do quick erase on the media tasks on the left?

Regarding the retension option:
Retensioning is primarily for Mini Cartridge and quarter-inch cartridges and is not supported on most other types of tape drives.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Howard_Harris
Level 2
Your basic question solved my problem. I was not aware the device needed to be selected under the device tab.

Thank you very much.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update this post will be archived.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

Stephen_Fitton
Not applicable
Ok I know this is an old thread but I am new to Backup Exec. This was helpful but I wonder why the only options under this is: Retension and Inventory and Reject.