cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while processing a B2D command. Error=1450.

sivakakani
Level 3

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
 Drive: Write() WriteFile failed 0/32 @60196322 (D:\Backups\Hyd-Filesvr\FilesvrDepartments_Weekly Part2\B2D001807.bkf).  Error=1450

I am using Backup Exec 12.0 rev. 1364. I have received the above error while performing backup, can somebody help me to find out what caused this and the what could be the resolution?

Message Edited by sivakakani on 02-10-2009 03:20 AM
3 REPLIES 3

TechMark
Level 3

What is the size of your B2D-files and which filesystem is used at the storagelocation?

The recommended maximum size of B2D-files when storing them on a NTFS-filesystem are 2GB.

For some reason (don´t know why) Windows has trouble handling larger files than 2GB together with BE, especially over the network.

/TechMark

sivakakani
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. We are using local B2D only, and file system is NTFS, I checked and found that "NTFS - Maximum file size is 16 TB" for local B2B.

TechMark
Level 3

At the BackupExec administrationcourse I attended at Symantec in Sweden we were told not to exceed the default setting of 2GB for B2D-files, especially if the files where located on a network drive.

The course focused on BE 11d so the information might be obsolete regarding BE 12.5, but I think the limit has to do with Windows capabilities af keeping large files open over the network for a long period.

The Microsoft SMB/CIFS-protocol is optimised to handle small files, it´s not very good at holding a large file open over long period and both reading and writing data to it the way BE does.

BE handles B2D-files as "virtual tapes".

If you save the B2D-files on a local disk on the backupserver it might work with 16TB, but I don´t think it will work well on a network drive.

/TechMark