cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another User on Domaincontroller for Service Work / Problems with Backup Exec

ChrisMeinhart
Not applicable
I created a new Domain User without Adminrights on an Domaincontroller for a Serviceuser, this user must be able to open Backup Exec for control the Backup Jobs.
But I have a problem with this user to open Backup Exec "I need a Pw for contect to media server???" Why?
(I also create this user in Backup Exec?)

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
You would need to add that user into something like a Backup Operators Group in Windows for example, but since there are no local groups on a DC, it won't help you.
Look in AD and check which user group will give you just enough permissions to add that account into to enable you to get into Backup Exec...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you don't give your backup users enough permisssions over the local servers you won't be able to back things up properly anyway - and Backup Operators is not enough permissions to protect all of the items currently in the System State of a DC you get VSS errors fed back from the operating system if you try - although this does not directly affect what account you use to access the BE Console - you certainly don't want to mess around with the accounts that actually do the backups too much.