cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Reccomendations For (or Against) competitors products?

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
I'm not exactly to the point of complete abandonment of any Symantec/Veritas product, but that point is getting close.

So here is my question, and this is more to the community at large, or maybe this will be the first Forum post to actually get attention from Symantec......

Does anyone have any reccomendations for another backup product? Or, is there something that you would suggest against going with? Unless something is done very soon, I will have no choice but to find an alternative backup solution.

I've had pretty good experiences with BackupExec in the past, but lately not as much. It seems like Symantec at best is inattentive and dodgey. Let alone the fact that the reps that post here seem to only have a minimal understanding of the English language, nothing against Outsourcing or those with difficulties with the English language, but it's absolutely rediculious to have to re-read a canned response 3 times when you are lucky enough to get an official response.

I have to say, ever since the Symantec aquisition of Veritas, support and features have gone downhill exponentially.

And if you guys at Symantec/Veritas do read this, I could really use some help w/ my Capacity/Compression Issues =)

-Nick
3 REPLIES 3

Dave_Heinen
Level 3
It really depends on the size of the enviroment you are backing up. There are a lot of good software packages out there, but the size of your backup enviroment really determines which one would be a good fit. For example, Networker and NetBackup are targeted for large installations whereas BackupExec and Retrospect would be targeted at the SMB level.

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
Your right, I should have clarified. We are really looking fairly small level, all of the important things we back up are located on 4 servers. We just need Files + AD + Exchange to be backed up, Currently using BackupExec Small Business with Exchange and Remote Agent. Only have about 40 workstations too.

Nick_Ushio
Level 3
Still waiting for responses from Symantec.......Increasingly considering moving over to another solution........Still looking for thoughts on the matter.