cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone knows how to restore deleted users' DLO backup ?

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Anyone knows how to restore deleted users' DLO backup ?
10 REPLIES 10

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Deleted from AD and DLO.
And original folder structure restored from tape. What's next?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

If a user was deleted, the backup files will still exist but will not be restorable due to the encryption of data. Data is encrypted by DLO by default. If a user is deleted, the encryption keys are also deleted, so any backup data that was encrypted will be unusable. If the user data needs to be restored at a later date, the user should be disabled rather than deleted.

DLOScanToolu.exe can identify these encrypted files and move them to a "quarantine" location. Once the unrestorable files are quarantined, the DLO Agent will back up the original files again with the new encryption key so they can now be restored. Please refer to the following technote for more details and how to download this tool.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/269614.htm

You may run the following command thereafter:

DLOCommandu �EmergencyRestore -W -AP
Where the userpath is the network path pointing to the user folder

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
I tried the command a thousand times and it keeps warning me that
"Recovery key not found in the source directory"

Is the the network user data folder in DLO? or the original source folder on user's desktop?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you tried using DLoscantool?Are you getting the same error?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
Yes.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the latest issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kenneth_Shum
Level 4
I don't have any solution, still waiting for your advice.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Kenneth,
as we had stated in our First Reply:
If a user was deleted, the backup files will still exist but will not be restorable due to the encryption of data. Data is encrypted by DLO by default. If a user is deleted, the encryption keys are also deleted, so any backup data that was encrypted will be unusable. If the user data needs to be restored at a later date, the user should be disabled rather than deleted.

If this is not working with the Command we gave to you before, it will most probably not work.

We recommend using third party Decryption tools to decrypt and get this data back.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Not applicable
I have a similar problem, but with these differences.
The backed up DLO data is from another server that is defunct.
The user still exists.and I would like to restore the data.
I put the data in a new DLO store and pointed the user account to it.
The data can be seen by the agent for restore, but can't be decrypted.
I believe I know the key that was used on the old server.
Would the Emergency restore work in this situation?

Eureka
Level 2
 my laptop was stolen but i be able to recover the data from the DLO which is encrypted. any third party decryption tools that i can use to decrypt DLO store data??