cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using CPS?

NHSGraham
Level 3
Particularly the Backup Exec Retrieve Web Console?

I’m testing it in a VM environment before pushing out into the live area and come across a hiccup.

The Environment consists of:

2003 DC

2003 with Exchange 2007 (64 bit)

2003 BackupExec (64 bit)

2003 FileSever

5 XP clients

I’ve created a handful of users with home drives connected to \\backupfs\users$\<username>

The permissions on each of these shares are Administrators (Full), Domain Admins (Full), <username> (Full)

I’ve also created data shares using AD security groups to administer the shares.

Now, the problem I have is from the BackupExec server, within CPS I can instantly see any changes made by the users within their home drives. On the clients however if I use the web retrieve console I can only see two users within users$. To make matters even more bizarre if I check the recent activity which ever user is logged into the console can then brows their home drive backups. The data shares are working perfectly fine.

I’ve attached images so you can see what I mean.
Screen 1 - When user navigates into the users$ share their own share isn't available.
Screen 2 - When user navigates into recent history her home drive becomes browseable.
Screen 3 - Results of screen 2 when user selects her home drive from recent history

Any help on this would be massively appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0