cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup Media server hardware refresh

LubosDvorak
Level 4

I want to replace the server hardware for a NetBackup media server without completely decommissioning the media server following this KB: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100022702.

Old and new Media server OS is RedHat 8.7. NetBackup is 10.3.

New server has the same name and ip address as the old one.

I am not able to successfully install NetBackup sw on new server. New server gets certificates from primary (using reissue token). But the NetBackup media server sw installation end with:

>>>>>>>>>>

Updating storage server configuration.  This may take a few minutes.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 1. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 2. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 3. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 4. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 5. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

Storage server configuration is not updated on attempt 6. Wait 10 seconds to retry.

WARNING: Unable to update storage server configuration.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I noticed that the MSDP processes (spad, spoold) are not running after the installation.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Lubos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LubosDvorak
Level 4

From my point of view the KB is missing necessary steps that must be done after the NetBackup installation if MSDP is used:

Create symlink /etc/pdregistry.cfg to pdregistry.cfg on the msdp pool location and start the services, e.g.:

rm /etc/pdregistry.cfg

ln -s /msdp/etc/pdregistry.cfg /etc/pdregistry.cfg

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp.start_all

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LubosDvorak
Level 4

From my point of view the KB is missing necessary steps that must be done after the NetBackup installation if MSDP is used:

Create symlink /etc/pdregistry.cfg to pdregistry.cfg on the msdp pool location and start the services, e.g.:

rm /etc/pdregistry.cfg

ln -s /msdp/etc/pdregistry.cfg /etc/pdregistry.cfg

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bp.start_all