cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array Config

create_share
Level 6
Hi!

I have Backup Exec 12 installed on a HP G5 Server. May i know what is the recommended Array and Harddisk configuration for Backup Exec 12. I am backing up My Exchange 2007, SQL 2005 and user files using DLO Agent.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Not sure there are any official recommended configurations.

However like any product put the program files on a different volume from the Operating System and if used put the Backup to Disk Files (B2D) and DLO Data stores on different volumes from the program files and the operating system. 

Also if Exchange is installed on the media(backup) server do not put the Backup to disk files on the same volume as the Exchange Information stores.

Bear in mind the depending on your media retention and DLO data and revision settings both the B2D locations and DLO data store can require a large amount of disk space. You shodul also bear in mind that GRT backups of Exchange servers are recommedned to B2D (with duplication to tape) but use disk space in the configured temp location if restoring from tape.

create_share
Level 6

I have Symantec Backup Exec 12 installed on a separate HP Server. I needed to know in fact what is the recommended RAID configuration for where i install Symantec Backup Exec and where i store backups. I have six harddisks.

Thanks!