cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Tape Device and Partition to a Job in BE 11d

Clive_C
Level 2

Hi there

Is there a way to assign a job to use a particular drive and use tapes from a particular partition in Backup Exec 11d?

Currently I have a Quantum PX502 tape library which has 1 LTO3 drive and 1 LTO4 drive and has multiple partitions to hold tapes for particular jobs.

In the Device and Media section of a job if I set Device to use a particular drive then it will pickup tapes from any of the partitions.

If I set Device to use a particular partition then for some reason it will just try the LTO3 drive rather than the LTO4 drive (even though the partition is full of LTO4 tapes, so the job stays stuck queued.

The Device Pool option only seems to allow you to pool drives, it doesnt let you add a partition to the pool, if it did that would fix the problem.

Any ideas? Is there a way of changing the "default" drive to try the LTO4 first.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Clive_C
Level 2

Ahh Silly me, Just found out how to do it.

In Devices - Device Pools the Partitions of the Library are listed. If you expand them it shows the drive associated with it. They only had the LTO3 drive attached. Added the LTO4 drive and now the job works.

I would've thought when I created the partitions they would have automatically added both drives in the library as being available for use.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Clive_C
Level 2

Ahh Silly me, Just found out how to do it.

In Devices - Device Pools the Partitions of the Library are listed. If you expand them it shows the drive associated with it. They only had the LTO3 drive attached. Added the LTO4 drive and now the job works.

I would've thought when I created the partitions they would have automatically added both drives in the library as being available for use.