cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to Backup multiple days to disk

Green_Welling_L
Level 2

Hi, I’m attempting to backup my servers to disk which I do not have a problem doing but I have run into difficulties in attempting to create a Job definition for each day of the week. My goal is to do one backup per day on all files that have changed after a full backup. The problem that I am running into is that I can create multiple Job Definitions but they all point to the same media.  

Ideally, I would like to have seven media jobs created under one media set. In addition, I would like to have each media definition point to an independent media job. The idea is to have a Monday backup point to a Monday backup and a Tuesday backup point to a Tuesday backup. What is happening now is that any Media definitions I create will only point to a single media I.e.  Monday points to Monday Tuesday points to Monday that causes a backup done on Tuesday to overwrite a Monday’s job. I have Backup Exec version 8.60 Rev. 308 any help you can provide would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How long do you want to keep your disk files?  You should be able to manage this using the OPP property of the media set, and run the same job each night using the same media set and B2D folder as a target.

If you really want separate files for each night, you have to create five separate B2D folders, then create five jobs, each pointing to a different folder