cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Restore

Eric_Abrams
Level 3
Can you setup VBE to run a restore job of a test file everytime right after the backup is completed? Would like to test the same file from every backup job.
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not as of v9. the way that it is written, the tape volume must be in the catalog when the restore job is created.

I've heard that v10 offers this tho, but haven't seen the product yet.

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
There is no such feature in Backup Exec which will initiate restore job operation immediately after the backup completes. Yes, you can always schedule a job. Backup Job completion and time that takes to complete a successful job depends on the type of data that you are trying to Backup.

you can refer the following technote link mentioned below to carry out the restore job operation.
Title:- How to initiate a operation from the Media tab in Backup Exec 8.x or 9.x for Windows Servers http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236258.htm

We hope this helps.

Eric_Abrams
Level 3
Then how can you setup a repeating restore job of the same file from what ever tape is in the drive?

Eric_Abrams
Level 3
Need a little more help.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Agan, there is no way in BackupExec as it is written

If are adept at scripting, you could probably do something like this with BEMCMD, the CLI for BackupExec.

Eric_Abrams
Level 3
I am not adept to scripting. But thanks for the help.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Helllo,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Eric_Abrams
Level 3
Unable to find answer or assistance that I was looking for. But would like to think everyone for the help and input.