cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D Disks showing 'Low Disk Space'

dwinkler
Level 2
I have 2 B2D disks configured in BE. Both are drives dedicated solely to backups and do not have any other data on them. They are 465 GB each.

Currently, the F: drive has over 300 bkf files that are overwriteable and over 80 GB of free space. The G: drive also has over 300 bkf files, although most are overwrite protected. However, it also has plenty of free space (about 78 GB).

Why then are both drives showing as 'Low disk space' and backup jobs are showing as 'Ready; No idle devices available'? My Exchange diff is trying to run now but has that status. The Exchange full is 82 GB and ran late last week, so the diff should be WAY smaller than that. We are not using GRT (plus it's a diff, not a full). My data diff also failed last night. Both jobs are set to use 'All Devices'.

Oh, we are running BE 11d.
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Have you configured Threshold on the B2D folder?
Download JDisk Report software and check the disk information. I have found many a times there are  some hidden files and folders and do not forget to empty the Recycle Bin.

Dev_T
Level 6
Also check the "Disk Space Reserve" option in the B2D folder properties...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If you set your free space alert too low (say 80%), the job won't run.
Reason for this is that it checks the space available first for what needs to be backed up, and this is compared to the setting reserving space. If the setting is already reached, your job doesn't run.
Try setting this a bit higher, and run the job again.

If you had a 600GB disk, and that alert is set to 80%, backups would fail once 480GB was reached. We know 120GB would be enough to get another 2 backups on for example, but BEWS doesn't see it that way. Setting it too 90% would see the backups halting at 540GB instead.

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here?