cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D Media Issue - Insufficient online media

Mike_Delamater
Level 3
This is weird. I've been backing up to an external drive for a while now. I recently switched from FireWire drives to USB 2.0 drives (needed more disk space). My backup continued to work just fine for 2-3 months. Now all of a sudden, I get an error that says there is insufficient online or nearline media is available to start my job. I've tried everything I can think of... removing and readding the B2D device, adding new media sets... I even went so far as installing on a different machine, and I still have the same problem. What am I doing wrong? I have been wrestling with this issue for 3 days now, and I need to get it figured out. My wekly backup is supposed to run tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Mike Delamater
Information Technology Manager
Mississippi Association of REALTORS�
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How much space is free on the drive?
What reserve have you set for the volume?

Mike_Delamater
Level 3
The drive is clear... 160GB.

The reserve is set to 0.

When I created the B2D device, it created a folder under it (FLDR000044). That folder shows up under Imported Media, but my media set is empty.

When I click the folder, the properties say 0 used capacity, 0 available, 0 total.

I'm checking regularly... let me know if there are more questions.Message was edited by:
Mike Delamater

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Not sure about Firewire, but with USB, if you remove the device, it must be mounted at the same drive letter when re-attaching

Also, did you specify a standard B2D folder when creating this, or a B2D on Removable Media?

Depending on your Global Overwrite option, BackupExec may not accept "imported" media as overwritable. try setting this to "partial" rather than "full"

(Don't know why it would be imported if everything is being done on one media server - maybe see my first paragraph?)

Mike_Delamater
Level 3
The drive letter remains E all the time.

I have tried both a standard and removable drive.

The global overwrite protection is set to partial (tried none as well).

Told ya it was weird. LOL