cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D file contents

Jason555
Level 3

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to view the contents (backup sets/media sets) within a B2D file?  I have some very old B2D files that I want to delete but want to make sure I am not deleting any backup sets I want to keep.  I can inventory and catalog the B2D files but I can't find any associations between the Backup Sets and the actual B2D files.  Back in the days with tapes, you can view the media sets within a tape easily.  Any suggestions???  Please help!  Thank you very much!

Jason

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After you inventory and catalog the B2D files, expire the backup sets that you don't want.  BE will then delete if necessary the corresponding B2D files.

There are some errors during the cataloging.  I think some of the B2D files are damaged or corrupted which I want to remove them but I have no idea which B2D files I can delete.  Is there a way to just query if there are any backup sets in a B2D file?  There must be someway Backup Exec is tracking them otherwise backup/restore will fail to use the B2D files. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When they are inventory and cataloged, BE will then be able to keep track of the B2D files.

Jason555
Level 3

How do I tell if there are any corrupt B2D files that I can safely remove to free up disk space?