Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D file is offline in Backup Exec 10d

prakash_gm
Level 3
Partner

Hello All,

The backup has been taken on to a Backup to disk folder, but the B2D file is showing as "offline" in the media list.. The OPP is there for another couple of weeks, If I catalog it, it gets queued with Loading Media. My questions are

1. How do I check, to which B2D folder it does belongs to, as we have more B2D folders in the server. All the B2D folders are online..

2. In this case, how do I restore the data with this tape?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You would just have to search through all your B2D folders to find the .bkf file. Until the media is back online, you would not be able to restore anything from it

prakash_gm
Level 3
Partner

itts not showing in any of the B2D folders. If we do an inventory of any one of the B2D folder, we are getting error, library inventory is failed with the error:

0xe0008212 - Library error - invalid element address.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If a B2D file is marked as offline when all the folders are online then that usually means that the file is no longer present on the file system of the volume (or someone has removed the b2d folder that contains it from Backup Exec)

Running a catalog job against an offline file will go queued as you can only catalog online files.

What you ned to do is search the file system (as sugggested by pkh) for the b2d file and then put that file in an online b2d folder before running an inventory job (to bring it online) and then possibly  a catalog job as well.

Chances are though that the file is no longer on your server and if this is te case it can't be located then you will probably need to retire and delete that offline file from the backup exec console.