cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D on one server and restore on a new server

nxp3
Level 2

Hello all,  We are in the process of upgrading one of our server.  It had backup exec 10d and 2 tape drives attached to it.  Preparing the new server, I put backup exec 10d on the new one and remove the tape drives from the old server and put it on the new server.  Since the old one now didn't have tape drives, I backed it up to backup to disk folder on one of our file server. 

On the new server I created a new backup to disk folder with backup exec 10d.  I move all the *.bkf into that folder.  I did an inventory and catalog.  But when I go to restore, it does not show everything that is needed to be restored on the new server some folders are missing and it had a red x on one of the folder.

I go back to look at the restore on the old server I can see everything that I need.  How come it's not showing up in the new server.  How could I have done that more easily?

Also, once the new server is up and operational, we will disconnect that server and rename the server the same name as the old one.  Would I have any problem with backup exec in regards to renaming the server?  I haven't done it, I'm not sure if anything will break because of the renaming.

0 REPLIES 0