cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP 12.5 AGENT

NMT_screen
Level 4
I have setup the backup 12.5 successfully in the backupserver and managed to push install the exchange agent to exchange server. Unfortunately, the backup server crash and I reinstalled the whole backup server from the scratch . And installed back the backup exec 12.5 again in the backup server. But the previous backup exec 12.5 agent was orphan at the exchange server .
Do I need to uninstall the previous installation of  backup exec 12.5 agent in order to run the backup exec 12.5 ? Or the previous installation backup exec 12.5 is able to communicate with newly installed backup exec server ? Pls. advise.

2 REPLIES 2

neil_richings1
Level 3
Start a backup and see if they communicate ?

If not then i'd just repush the agent, it should tell you if it's going to reinstall the agent or if it's happy with the current agent

Sure somebody else will say something differant but with the agents I find repushing them out does the trick.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
You should not need to re-install the agent.  The current agent on the Exchange server will communicate with another 12.5 Media server without issue.