cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10.1 Tape Driver Updates Compatibilty

Tiran_Irani
Level 2
Hi

I have a client running BE 10.1 with a Sony SDX-700C tape drive. They are experiencing a high number of soft read and write errors and some hardware errors during the backups. I've had some feedback from Sony who suggest installing BE driver 5.1.17. When I check the Symantec site for driver updates I see the following listed if I select 'driver' and '10.1' for the search criteria:

"BACKUPEXECTAPEDEVICEDRIVERINSTALL20060415_282974.EXE - Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 10d (10.1.5629) - Device Driver Installer (20060415) - Includes Tape Driver Release (17) and Robotic Library Release (59) (Intel Only) - 04/20/2006"

I am assuming that this is the file Sony are referring to and would appreciate confirmation. However, if I narrow the search to include 'Small Business Server 2003' the search results no longer display this download.

My main query is: are the drivers contained in this download compatible with SBS 2003?

I'm planning an update of SCSI Controller drivers, tape drive firmware, running Sony tape tools etc etc in an attempt to resolve the issues.

I'd appreciate comments from anyone - especially from Symantec staff.

Regards
Tiran
2 REPLIES 2

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

You can install these drivers on SBS:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282974.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Tiran_Irani
Level 2
Hi Shilpa

Thanks for the confirmation.