cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 10 hangs on _attachment_ directory

Jody_Garnick
Level 3
We are using BackupExec 10 on Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003. Backup Job hangs repeatedly while backing up the Exchange mailboxes and will continue to "run", but no further data is being written to the tape. Cancelling the job leaves it in a 'cancel pending' state, only stopping and restarting the services will cancel the job. To troubleshoot, I changed backup to just one mailbox (which completed) and then added another mailbox after each successful run. Backup ran fine up to 19 mailboxes, then hung. Tried running the backup with different mailbox selections to see if problem was with a particular mailbox, still hung. Each time it hung, the Active Job listing shows Current directory _attachments_ and the file name is a long string of numbers and letters, the string changes depending on what mailboxes I've selected.

All up-to-date on service packs, patches for Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003 and BE 10.

Are attachments not in the individual mailboxes??

Any ideas?? Thanks-
4 REPLIES 4

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
> Are attachments not in the individual mailboxes

Depends on their size, larger ones (when single instance comes into play) are stored at a different place.

I had the same issue with BE 10.0 and also the performance was not satisfying.

I have pretty much given up at single mailbox backup and have another solution.

greetings
Peter

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you getting any alerts?

Backup job stays in a loading media state?

Verify if you are getting any errors in the event log related to this issue?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jody_Garnick
Level 3
Thanks, no there are no alerts and the backup is not stuck in 'loading media' stage, it is stuck in 'running' state and a large part of the backup job has already run.

?

aurora
Level 4
bump

We are experiencing the same problem and the above replies have not been a resolution to this problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks