cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11.d - How to change Job Selection List?

cmdataline
Not applicable
Hello,

I've have taken over looking after Backup Exec so it's still rather new to me and still working my way through the gargantuan manual (over 1500 pages of it!), so apologies if this is simple stuff.

I was hoping for some advice please on how to change the Selection List for a Job within Backup Exec.

Currently have one Policy that has created a Daily and Weekly job using one selection list.

I have created a 2nd selection list that I would like to assign to the Daily Job, however when I click to edit the Daily job I get the notification

---------------------------
Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
You cannot edit a job that was created by a policy.
OK

I've looked up the policy setting that created these jobs and there (at least to me) does not appear to be am option to modify the selection list.

So, is there anyway to edit the Daily job selection list? (without having to delete both Jobs and the policy that created them?)

If not, then do I have to create two separate policies each referring to a different selection list?

Any questions or further info please let me know.

Many Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
When you go to Job Monitor tab, Right click on the policy based job and you have a option to Edit selection list. Once you make changes to any one job - all jobs using that selection list will be effected by the modification

Matt_Alexander
Level 5
Did Ruchi's post help you out cmdataline? Post back to let us know.