cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 11D ON SBS 2003 - CATALOG SHOWING INCORRECT DATA

sbarros
Level 2
We are trying to restore from an offsite external USB disk.  I am able to inventory and catalog the device with no problem, but when I go to restore, the data is data from the most recent backup, rather than the old data that is on the external hard drive.  I have renamed the catalog folder and restarted the services per Symantec.  I have inventoried and catalogued 3 different times and I only ever see no data or incorrect data. Help!
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
One thing you could try is retiring the media and deleting it from inside of Backup Exec.  To do this go to the media tab, find the media you are trying to catalog. Right click on them, select associate with media set, then select retired media and click yes to all.  Once they are all in Retired Media, select all of them again and delete them (right click and select delete).  Once that has been completed inventory the B2D folder again, and attempt the catalog again.

Also, just out of wondering but what is the Overwrite Protection set to for the media set the backup to disk files belong to?

sbarros
Level 2
We are in the process of attaching the external drive to another server to see if we can get the data, so I can't try your suggestions yet.